Scanning is a major function of the paperless office. Making the transition to a digital office cannot take place without the process of scanning and filing your existing hardcopy documents. Scanning your documents into one central repository makes it easy for all of your employees to find and share your organization’s documents with ease. In addition to your everyday scanner, OCR technology enhances your paperless approach even further. OCR will save you a ton of time when it comes to creating, processing, and editing hardcopy documents. Let’s take a closer look at OCR technology and exactly how it works.
What Exactly Is OCR Technology?
OCR stands for Optical Character Recognition. This technology allows you to convert different document types—such as scanned paper documents, PDF files, or digital camera images—into editable and searchable data. In other words, OCR software will single out letters on the images of the original document and then transform them into a document that you can freely edit.
How Does OCR Benefit Your Business?
As we mentioned, the main idea behind OCR technology is that it can render any document that you need into an editable file – even handwritten notes or forms! The original document can be rendered into a legible copy that is immediately accessible and editable to all employees. Here are a few more benefits:
- No more hassles of manual data entry.
- Reduce the costs that come along with data entry and filing efforts.
- Data accuracy will be drastically improved.
- Expedite the process of sharing documents with co-workers and customers.
- Search for keywords within your documents. This benefit saves a lot of time and effort when you are trying to track down specific information within a document.
- Quickly and easily clean poor, distorted images.
- Remain compliant with regulations related to data handling.
- Automate your invoices: OCR will extract and analyze the data to make sure it’s accurate.
OCR technology will completely upgrade the way your company captures, stores, and handles your business data. With this technology on-hand, your document workflows will see a major boost inefficiency. In today’s paperless, digital world, OCR software is a must-have addition to your scanning processes. For more information on OCR technology and how it can be customized to benefit your business, contact Monster Technology today.