Six Reasons You Absolutely Need a Disaster Recovery Plan
Disasters seem like vague and distant threats, so having a disaster recovery plan usually ends up at the bottom of your To Do list. Unfortunately, disaster recovery will seem very urgent when your systems are down. Read on for a few reasons a disaster recovery plan should be high on your priority list.
● Disasters come in all shapes and sizes — Mother Nature is creative when it comes to wreaking havoc. Tornado, hurricane, or earthquake? Perhaps a snowstorm, a wildfire, or a flood? Even a good old thunderstorm can cause an unexpected and disastrous power outage. There’s no immunity to disaster—only preparation.
● Downtime is expensive — How much time can your systems be down before you start to suffer a financial loss? A day? An hour? Whether you are missing sales or losing customers, downtime costs your company. Without a disaster recovery plan, your losses will skyrocket.
● Customers expect access — We live in a 24/7 world, and today’s customers demand that your services are ready whenever it’s convenient for them. If you can’t meet customer expectations, prepare for them to look elsewhere. To keep your customers, you need a dedicated plan to keep your business up and running.
● Data loss kills businesses — According to the U.S. Small Business Administration, 25 percent of businesses that suffer a failure due to a disaster won’t survive the next year. Gartner, an IT research and advisory company, paints an even bleaker picture: only 6 percent of companies suffering a major loss of computer records were still in business after two years.
● Machines are imperfect — Whatever the price, all equipment has the potential to fail—consider the “unsinkable” Titanic. When the worst happens, the only way to save your business may be to have enough lifeboats for all your data and services.
● People make mistakes — Despite our best efforts, the best training, and the best intentions, people are human. From incorrect configurations to poorly-planned system changes, human errors can creep into your networks. A robust disaster recovery plan will make it possible for your company to bounce back before permanent damage is done.
From natural disasters to human error, disasters can and will happen. The question is, are you prepared? Contact Monster Technology to make sure your company has a disaster recovery plan that protects the business you’ve worked so hard to build.
About Monster Technology
Monster Technology is nationwide business technology provider. With sales offices in the Los Angeles & Reno Metro area as well as distribution centers all over the US. We help our clients improve productivity while yielding real hard cost savings through leveraging our muti-phase approach. Our core offerings include Managed Print Services, Managed IT, Document Management and Office Equipment.